Burning W/ Pioneer A06, But wont play on home dvd players.

C

coy.gutierrez

I'm a newbie to burning DVD's, Just upgraded my Mac G4 with a brand new DVD Burner (Pioneer AO6). I had some problems along the way, but thanks to forums like this I was able to find the solution to my problem. My OS had to go up a notch to 10.2.8 or panther. But I have a new problem...I burned my first DVD and it played perfectly on my G4 but as soon as I put it in my Apex DVD player, the machine can't read the disc at all. I am using Apple 4X and to make sure I used the Verbatim 4X that came free with my DVD burner too and that didn't work either. Is it my player or the type of DVD-R that I'm using? Please help.
Thanks for all you help.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
What software are you using to burn your DVD?

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
I sorry I can not help you. I have purchased iDVD, but it will not load since I don't have an internal DVD burner (superdrive). I have a external LaCie DVD burner and I am using Toast 6.

How old is your DVD player, some of the older players my have a problem. Just a guess here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5•2x1.8•1.5•320•8x+/-
OP
R

Redmands

my roomate has an apexi and it works fine infact it plays dvd-r disks that no other dvd players in my house wil play weirdness.... i'd check to make sure you burnt the disk correctly and try a diff. dvd player..

OP
C

coy.gutierrez

Thank for all your help. I had a chance to view it from two different DVD players and it worked! Mine is just a tad too old, better get a new one. This thread is now closed. Again, thanks for all the input.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.