iPhone 6 and car USB?

Reaction score
Something that has always bugged me and finally hit a tipping point yesterday. And I hope this issue can be resolved.

Why does my music open every time I plug my phone into my car usb?? It drives me nuts.

Is there a solution for stopping this? And it always plays the same song when I connect to the car usb.

I am thinking there has to be away to stop this and just open to the home screen.

Thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Must be something that you've set in your iPhone settings. When I plug my iPhone into my auto USB connection, the phone shows it's charging. (Which is what yours should likewise do.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2011 mac Mini, 2.3 GHz core i5, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, Sierra, Retina display iPad, Iphone 5S
I have found that it matters what I had selected before starting the car. For example, previously, I was listening to the radio or CD, start the car, then either plug my phone in or connect via bluetooth MyMusic doesn't automatically start. However, If I was listening to my music prior to turning the car off, if I start the car or connect via bluetooth, my music starts automatically. I have a 2012 Honda Civic. I don't know if this matters or not...

Bill

OP
T
Reaction score
Hmmm I see what both of you are saying. I have read that auto play is due to the car deck itself. I didn't find a setting in my stock radio to adjust this.

And yes I think it depends what you played last. I remember running songza. Got out of the car. Got back in and turned the car on. It loaded up songza.

Hmm so when I get my new car deck with car play I wonder what will happen .

Thanks for your replies

M

MacInWin

It will depend on the deck. In my Toyota I have the same phenomenon as bboggess. And if I wasn't listening to anything when I shut off the car last time, it opens Music and starts on the first song in my iTunes library by alphabetical order. It's annoying and I can't find a way around it or how to change it. What I've taken to doing is to change the car deck to radio just before I turn it off so that when it next is started, I get radio, not my iPhone and the same tune.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.