Apple Mail forwarding rule

Reaction score
I have a rule set up to forward specific emails to colleagues based on From, To, Subject, and Account. I then put two names in the Forward Message to area and put my text in the message box. This rule has worked perfectly for over a year now and all of a sudden quit working properly. The issue is that when it tries to send the message, the recipients are removed and Apple Mail says it can't send the message because there are no recipients. Any ideas why this would start doing this? Apple Mail 6.6 (1510) and OS X 10.8.5

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It sounds like your "rule" may have become corrupt for one reason or another. Try removing it and re-do it. If that doesn't work, you may have to rebuild the account. Any reason why you haven't moved up to Mavericks or Yosemite?

OP
dnbreaks
Reaction score
@chscag, I tried both of your suggestions and no luck. Have not moved to Mav or Yos yet because we have specific programs we use for work that are not compatible with those OS's yet and we have 2010 machines that I've read some have had issues when upgrading... can't afford to have issues

OP
dnbreaks
Reaction score
I'm also using Mail Act-On 3.1.7 (build 1910) if that makes a difference. All the rules I use are under the Inbox rules tab

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.