Compiling to a binary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ke5aux

I have a question that I have googled before but I still can not find a solid answer.
Say I downloaded a source code package for a program. It says that the following cod can be compiled and run on Linux and OS X. The software comes with instructions to first run the command "configure" and then the command "make".
Ok, so, I get to the right directory, run the configure command. That works fine, or at least I think so. Then I run the command "make" but that returns an error that the following command is not valid.
What do I do? How do I compile the source code into a binary that I can dump into my applications folder?

Thank you beforehand

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
sounds like you might need to be typing that all in x11, and def make sure you are at the right folder location

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 MBP, i7, 16GB RAM, MBP 2.16Ghz Core Duo, 2GB ram, Dual 867Mhz MDD, 1.75GB ram, ATI 9800 Pro vid
Have you installed Apple's development tools? They come with your system, but you can download the latest one from Apple if you create a free developer user account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.