Restore backup didn’t work

Reaction score
gone from an iPhone 4 to 5c. Did backup on computer beforehand. It says that everything but firmware will be restored. Nothing has been restored on new phone. HELP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
Have you tried restoring the 5C to make sure that the firmware and all is working properly. Is it giving you any sort of error? how are you attempting to restore it, iTunes or iCloud?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
gone from an iPhone 4 to 5c. Did backup on computer beforehand. It says that everything but firmware will be restored. Nothing has been restored on new phone. HELP

Are you sure you made a good backup of the iPhone 4? How did you back it up? You should have used iTunes from your Mac or PC to make the backup and restore. Don't worry about the firmware.

OP
L
Reaction score
Are you sure you made a good backup of the iPhone 4? How did you back it up? You should have used iTunes from your Mac or PC to make the backup and restore. Don't worry about the firmware.

I did what the Apple store told me to do - Backed it up using iTunes - it took a while since I hadn’t done it for a couple months - plugged the new one in after the sim card became active then clicked on restore backup - nothing went across

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK. Open iTunes, select "Preferences", select "Devices". Check to see if the backup you made is listed there. I guess I should ask... did you backup to your computer or did you backup to iCloud?

If the backup you made is there, attach your iPhone 5 to the computer. Then from iTunes select restore and then select the backup in order to restore it to the iPhone 5 you bought.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.