• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

3rd Interview At Home Advisor Chat Team

Reaction score
I just had my 3rd interview with Apple for the At Home Advisor position. The hiring manager who interviewed with me, congratulated me for making it this far in the hiring process at the end of the interview and advised me that it was very hard to get into Apple. Do you think this means that I didn't get the job?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The hiring manager who interviewed with me, congratulated me for making it this far in the hiring process at the end of the interview and advised me that it was very hard to get into Apple. Do you think this means that I didn't get the job?

It's very difficult to "read between the lines" to what folks say. When this interviewer said "…that it was very hard to get into Apple."…this could mean many different things.

It could mean:

- Just a generic statement they say to everyone.
- That there are a number of people involved in the decision making for who gets hired…not just this interviewer.
- Lots of people are interviewed for each position. So if they have 5 great people for one position…only 1 person can be hired.

Or it could mean any number of other possibilities. You just have to wait until the final decision & communication is made (like any employment hunting process).:)

- Nick

Reaction score
That's not necessarily a bad thing. If they don't give you eye contact and say we'll give you a call I'd be worried but that's so ambiguous I wouldn't read into it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I just had my 3rd interview with Apple for the At Home Advisor position. The hiring manager who interviewed with me, congratulated me for making it this far in the hiring process at the end of the interview and advised me that it was very hard to get into Apple. Do you think this means that I didn't get the job?

If you made it to the 3rd interview. Its likely they already think your right for the position, however they may have 4 others that are also right for the position and only 2 slots to fill.

Normally first interview is to eliminate those they don't like. 2nd is to those who are qualified and 3rd is who they actually like. Being likable and qualified normally gets you a job. Thats just life.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Main-11" Air, iPhone 6+, iPad Mini 3, Hi-Fi Extras- Too many to count
I am looking to apply for that position here in the coming months. I would love to work for apple but as I am in college I would kinda need a flexible schedule and I am not sure how that would work out. Good luck to you and hopefully you get the position!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.