text editor

Reaction score
Text editor - downloads alias opens each time my computer wakes from sleeps or restarts. It is not set to open automatically in the dock. How do I stop this? Thanks.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Can you clarify what is happening here? What opens each time you wake your computer and how is a text editor involved?

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Writing clear post - only helps you in the end..

What I can extrapolate from your post is that you have a text editor installed that launches each time you start your computer. If so, first ensure that the app has been completely quit by hitting CMD+q and then go into System Preferences->Users & Groups->Login Items and ensure that the text editor is not listed there. If it is listed there, select it and click on the minus sign to remove it.

Now restart the computer and see what happens..

OP
R
Reaction score
Have been trying to reply...but doesn't seem to be working. However, trying again. The suggestion from Ashwin worked...thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.