Which way to go?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25GHz PPC G4, 1Gb Ram, OS X 10.5.8
After the best part of 30 years using PCs, I am in the market for a mac. I had pretty much decided on a, 27" imac with retina display. Then I saw the 15" MacBook pro at the same price (£1599). Now I am torn between the 2. My main interest is sports/event photography, the 27" screen would be great for that but the MacBook pro is portable, which would be great for when I am away from home for events and I can start work when in a hotel etc. Oh well I will have to draw up a list of pros and cons for each and see where that gets me.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
My main interest is sports/event photography, the 27" screen would be great for that but the MacBook pro is portable, which would be great for when I am away from home for events and I can start work when in a hotel etc.

The perfect solution is to get the MacBook Pro for the portability…and plug a 27" external monitor into it when you're at home for more screen real estate.:)

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.25GHz PPC G4, 1Gb Ram, OS X 10.5.8
The perfect solution is to get the MacBook Pro for the portability…and plug a 27" external monitor into it when you're at home for more screen real estate.:)

- Nick

That sounds like a plan :Cool:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.