Flashing white horizontal lines

Reaction score
Uploaded Yosemite and got flashing white horizontal lines across screen .Can anyone resolve this for me please.I have 4 year old a macbook pro

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What do you mean "uploaded Yosemite"? Are you saying that you "installed" Yosemite and now you have white lines flashing across your screen?

Tell us which version of OS X you had previously before installing Yosemite and also the specs on your MacBook Pro. Year and model?

OP
N
Reaction score
Sorry yes .I have just installed Yosemite but couldn't tell you what I had before .Whatever was the last update .
My macbook pro is a 13 inch 20112.4 GHz intel core i5
4GB 1333 HMz DDR3 .
The flashing is intermitent now ,mostly when using Spotify .

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The intermittent screen flashing is probably coincidental with the installation of Yosemite. It sounds like something may be loose such as a video cable. Opening and closing the lid of a MacBook Pro puts wear and tear on the cables that snake through the hinge area of the machine up from the logic board to the display area. If you are experienced at taking things apart, you can open your MacBook Pro up and reseat the video cables. If you feel you can not do that, then it's best to let an authorized Apple repair shop or Apple store genius deal with it.

Go to www.ifixit.com for instructions.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.