Problem connecting an IMac to an Epson printer.

Reaction score
Hi I am a newbie on here with a problem, my I Mac was working ok by usb cable ( but not wifi), with my Epson sx515w printer. I tried to connect a cannon Selphie printer with no success, now the Epson is not working. I tried the usual thing in the print menu, by adding printer, with no luck. I then tried to connect with the Epson connect utility, with the usb cable and wifi on, but it says , no connection.
Can anyone please help. Thanks in advance for reading this.
From Stan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Stan - welcome to the forum! :) Just for starters: 1) Have you rebooted the computer; and 2) Have you turned off (or unplugged) the Epson printer - let us know if these maneuvers help; if not, then we can go from there. Dave

OP
S
Reaction score
iMac to printer problem...

Hi Dave, the iMac has been powered down, and the Epson has been powered down. The Epson printer works over wifi from an iPad . But since trying to connect the Cannon printer, the Epson printer no longer works with the iMac by usb or wifi. Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, Stan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Dave, the iMac has been powered down, and the Epson has been powered down. The Epson printer works over wifi from an iPad . But since trying to connect the Cannon printer, the Epson printer no longer works with the iMac by usb or wifi. Thanks for coming back to me so quickly, Stan

Hi again Stan - is the printer plugged into an USB port on your computer or into a hub? I'm assuming that you've tried all of the USB ports and possibly another cable if available?

Please provide some more information: 1) iMac model/year; 2) OS X installed; and 3) Vintage of the printer? The screen capture below from the Epson Website suggests that the printer was first released in 2009 - might be time for a new one? Not sure what else to suggest except to explore the Epson support link, if not already done. Hopefully, others w/ experience using this printer will 'chime in' w/ help - I have a Canon MF color printer & a Brother laser, so cannot add much more, sorry. Good luck - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2015-06-20 at 5.45.07 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.