Adobe Creative Suite 1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if Adobe Creative suite version 1 will work on the new Macbook pro or do I have upgrade to the newest version?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
No versions of CS will work on Intel macs just yet. You either have to wait for news of a CS 2 update or wait for CS 3, because CS 2 doesn't have Intel support yet. I think CS 3 will be out by December, so just hold on tight. In the mean time, use GIMP.

OP
E
Reaction score
BlindingLights said:
No versions of CS will work on Intel macs just yet. You either have to wait for news of a CS 2 update or wait for CS 3, because CS 2 doesn't have Intel support yet. I think CS 3 will be out by December, so just hold on tight. In the mean time, use GIMP.

what is gimp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro, 8GB iPhone
All versions of Adobe CS will "work" on the intel macs. The only deal is, the CS software uses rosetta to run. Rosetta emulates a power pc chip allowing programs that arent universal to work, it will just run slow. Adobe probably wont go universal until they release CS3. So go ahead and install it just beware that the software wont run like it would on a powerpc mac.

OP
E
Reaction score
MS Office 2004 and Toast

PunkRockTuba said:
All versions of Adobe CS will "work" on the intel macs. The only deal is, the CS software uses rosetta to run. Rosetta emulates a power pc chip allowing programs that arent universal to work, it will just run slow. Adobe probably wont go universal until they release CS3. So go ahead and install it just beware that the software wont run like it would on a powerpc mac.

I also have MS Office 2004 and Toast 6 will it run on rosetta also. It won't run so slow that I'll have to switch back to using a PC with Windows

:eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 17" Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz 512 MB Ram 128 vRAM 60GB HD
Well, Rosetta runs well with some programs (such as toast and MS Office), but a LOT of programs will LAG like crazy. Like torrent clients. It's SUPER hard to find a fast torrent client for Intel macs.

Just wait for CS 3 or get GIMP, a really good photoshop emulator that's free. You need to install X11 for GIMP, though (it's on the install disk, there's another thread somewhere on installing X11)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.