Bluetooth Aches

Reaction score
Seems Bluetooth turned off when 2014 Macbook Air shut down due to lack of power.
When I powered it up again, bluetooth connections showed "Not Connected".
Going through the usual Pairing process doesn't work, i.e. once I've attempted to pair laptop & iphone5, for example, it notifies me that the desired device "Is not connected". This also happens with our Samsung Galaxy .
However both cell phones will pair with other bluetooth devices, e.g. garmin, etc.
As such, I reason that the Macbooks Bluetooth network needs to be "reactivated" somehow.
Can you help?
Thanks
Rudy

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Make sure first that you have actually lost BT. Open your System Information app and check what it says about BT. Then try doing a SMC reset.

OP
P
Reaction score
Bluetooth

Thanks.

Went to Network>BluetoothPan. Shows "Not connected".

Tried "reset" to no avail, i.e. power down; then shift/alt/control/power buttons, release, and restart. Same issue still exists.

Sure would be nice if a "reconnect" option would exist on Network page.

Can you suggest what might be a next step/resolution?
Thanks
Rudy

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.