Browser problems

Reaction score
Hi: Usually use google chrome. Now when I tried to do so open another page: WEB SEARCH. I dont find the way to desisntall or detete it.
can you help me??
BR
algui

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
If I am understanding what you are saying, when you open the browser page Web Search open up.

Try going to Chrome's Settings (click on the three horizontal lines at the end of the address bar). Under settings check "On Startup" and make sure it is set the way you want. If the third radio button is selected click on "set pages" and delete any you don't like.

Go down the page and look at "Search". Make sure your preferred search engine is selected and check "manage search engines" to delete any ones you don't want. You can click at the bottom on "advanced settings" to check or change any other privacy settings you like.

On the same page go up to the menu on the left and click on "Extensions". You can disable or delete any you do not want or like.

It won't hurt to also click on the "History" selection and clearing that.

Lisa

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If none of Iclev's great suggestions work, take a look at something like AdwareMedic to remove any traces of lingering adware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.