Mac Pro with sluggish mouse and slow wireless

Reaction score
I have a 2008 Mac Pro.
I have an issue with magic mouse getting sluggish and jittery and wireless speed on my mac pro being significantly slower than other devices, for no reason. I have connected both to my macbook pro from the same spot, and am having no sluggish issue with my mouse and wireless speeds almost 30mbps faster.

Is this something that can be fixed if I take my desktop to a repair center, or is this just the result of an older macpro not able to handle 2015 level bluetooth and wireless?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Is the mouse wired or wireless? They do wear out alas. If it is a wireless mouse, maybe the Airport card is cusing interference and they are very close together. Another question do have any devices near the Mac Pro, in particular hands free phone units?

How long since the machine has been booted, do you run Onyx only maintenance over it regularly? There should be no drop off unless something is failing.

OP
K
Reaction score
It's wireless.
I have an iphone, yes. It doesn't cause issue with any other laptops or desktops
I restart my machine every couple of days. I haven't run Onyx only maintenance over it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.