My Way. How to remove it

Reaction score
How do i uninstall this from my imac?

I can find info on how to remove it from a pc but not i mac.

Anyone help?

M

MacInWin

Welcome to the forum!

By "My Way" do you mean the web search engine?

Whatever it is, how did you install it? Also, please read the link in my sig and give us more information about what machine and system you have and what you are seeing.

M

MacInWin

Harry, everything there is for Windows. If there is a variant for OS X of MyWay, I suspect AdwareMedic or ScamZapper will banish it. But from the read it's a .com file to install it, so that won't work on OS X anyway.

I think we need to wait to see what the OP is talking about.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Yes, the spyware/adware myway toolbar has had an OS X variant for maybe a couple years now - pitb. Haven't checked on that one recently, but pretty sure it just installs as an extension in the browser - makes it easier to remove than most others. This one is for sure packaged in with other freebie apps.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Go to the red download link where it says compatible with Mac OS X but I have never used it and MyWay sounds awful suspect. There is then a seperate Windows download.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.