G3 - Max RAM?

M

Marshmule

Hi

Does anyone know what the maximum RAM capacity is for a G3 power mac? And can i use pc 133?

Its a 350mhz

thanks!

OP
B

Badger

From Low End Mac (www.lowendmac.com): "RAM: 64 MB or 128 MB standard, expandable to 1 GB using PC100 SDRAM (3.3V,unbuffered, 64-bit, 168-pin, 100 MHz) in 4 DIMM slots." I didn't see any info about using PC 133 instead of 100 but there are a lot of links for more info. In general, as long as all the other specs are the same you should be able to use the faster RAM but you won't get any performance increase. My iMac 333 model was listed for 66 mhz modules but even Apple dealers installed 100 mhz modules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
lowendmac.com is an excelent resource guide for info like this, you have to remember that when installing ram your computer is only as fast as your slowest component. if you can put in 100mhz ram on top of your other ones but you have 66mhz sticks already installed you will truely only be running at 66mhz....or soemthing like that

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook: 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 120GB HD; PowerTower Pro (300MHz G3 clone): 608MB RAM, 10GB HD
Marshmule said:
Hi

Does anyone know what the maximum RAM capacity is for a G3 power mac? And can i use pc 133?

Its a 350mhz

thanks!
So to answer your question... A blue and white G3 powermac can handle up to 1GB of ram in 256MB sticks. I think PC133 will probably work OK.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.