ipad cellular connection????

Reaction score
I have done everything on this list:

https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT201415

Here is what I have done so far:

Rebooted
Gone to ATT and gotten a new SIM
Called Apple on the phone for an hour and rebooted and reinstalled

In the top left corner it says "ATT" and has 4 bars, but there is no LTE or 4g listed at all.

They are telling me they think the cellular antenna has gone out?

Anything else I can try or do you suspect they are correct?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Do you have cellular data on? It sounds like this may very well be the issue. Simply go to Settings > Cellular and make sure LTE is on. If it is and other devices in your home get a data connection, it might be time to head into an Apple Store, if one is close, and see if they can fix or replace it.

OP
D
Reaction score
Do you have cellular data on? It sounds like this may very well be the issue. Simply go to Settings > Cellular and make sure LTE is on. If it is and other devices in your home get a data connection, it might be time to head into an Apple Store, if one is close, and see if they can fix or replace it.

I have gone to the store. They said they can let me have the exact same model for a $300 replacement fee.

They didn't actually play with it because their system was down. I was a bit irritated as I waited almost an hour even with an appointment, and then the computers were down. I don't live that close to the Apple store.

And yes, cellular and LTE are on.

Dawn

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you're getting the AT&T symbol, and 4 bars, the receiving built in antenna must be OK. There is probably something else internally that's messed up - possibly on the logic board itself. I think Apple's offer of replacing your iPad with another one for $300 is a little over the top. I can understand charging for a replacement, but $300?

C

chas_m

I probably missed it (though I've read every post here twice), but what model of iPad is this? I think I am right in saying that the iPad 2 doesn't have LTE/"4G" capability, whereas the iPad 3 and later do. If it is that model or newer, then I'm inclined to agree that something is wrong with either the cellular antenna, or the SIM has not been properly activated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.