How can I ensure that, when using FCP X, keyboard shortcuts only work inside FCP X?

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm in FCP X, I do a keyboard shortcut and it works on another program. For example, Command E which should export a film, I end up opening Evernote. Is there a way to make sure if I'm in FCP X, any keystrokes only work in the program? I fear the answer is no. (The alternative being...can I make sure that Evernote keyboard shortcuts don't work when I'm out of Evernote?)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
That sounds like Evernote has an agent running in the background and is configured to launch itself when CMD-E is pressed. The only way to fix this would be in Evernote's settings. It looks like this must be something you configured yourself because I don't see this in Evernote's default hot key list.
https://evernote.com/contact/support/kb/?_escaped_fragment_=/article/23168732

Unless Evernote has an option to ignore hot keys while running select apps, you'll have to set a more unique hot key for that command. If you are on a desktop Mac, take advantage of those F-keys and use something like CMD-F13.

OP
O
Reaction score
Indeed, I had made Command E a global hot key within the program. I just took it off!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.