shutting down

Reaction score
My MacBook Air OSX Yosemite 10.10.3 keeps closing down even though I have set the display to never shut down. How can I prevent this? Thank you.

OP
N
Reaction score
P.S. I am advised to send a report to Apple each shutdown "due to error," which I do, although Apple never responds to the reports.

M

MacInWin

Apple doesn't respond. Your reports go into a general reporting system so that if there is a systemic problem and lots of folks submit the same report they know to do something. For an individual report they don't respond.

However, setting the display not to shut down may or may not prevent the machine from shutting off. You need to set the computer to never shut down, too. Same place in System Preferences as the screen options.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
P.S. I am advised to send a report to Apple each shutdown "due to error," which I do, although Apple never responds to the reports.

It sounds like your shutdowns are occurring due to crashes or perhaps a kernel panic? You don't normally get a notation to send a report to Apple for normal shutdowns. Go to your logs and post the shutdown log here for us to look at.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And further to what chsag suggests, do you mean the whole computer turns off, or the screen sleeps?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.