Can't Install iTunes 10.7 on OSX 10.6.8

Reaction score
I'm trying to install iTunes 10.7 from the dmg file onto OSX 10.6.8 and I used AppZapper to get rid of the previous version of iTunes because it was giving me this error message here in this image. But after using the AppZapper I'm still getting this same error message. There must be some residual file somewhere remaining hidden that I probably need to delete in order to execute a different versions install. But then again, I'm only guessing? I need to install 10.7 only, not any newer version of iTunes. Any suggestions please?

10.7 INSTALL PROBLEM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
First, make sure you have a good copy of iTunes 10.7. Here's a download link for older versions of iTunes. Removal apps such as AppZapper sometimes overlook files that should be removed. iTunes scatters files in the user library as well as the system side. You may have to do a Spotlight search to find everything.

OP
G
Reaction score
I just tried your download link with the same result so I must have tried good copies of that version earlier. I'm trying to find now any last remaining leftover iTunes files that may be blocking me my installation, should I be looking for any particular extension or can you direct me to the correct folder in Library to delete, thank you in advance :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.