Music Transfer

Reaction score
Is there a way to transfer music from an iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 without going through a desktop/laptop and without using iCloud? Thank you.Larry

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there a way to transfer music from an iPhone 4 to iPhone 6 without going through a desktop/laptop and without using iCloud? Thank you.Larry

Not that I know of. Even with a third party application such as "iExplorer" you still need to use your Mac to do the transfer. Maybe someone else can suggest a method?

OP
I
Reaction score
Thank you chscag.Could it be done using an "ordinary" laptop as in opposed to Apple Laptop? It's something I hope to do for a friend who knows less about these things than me and we are trying to find a way to do it 'on the side of the road' as it were due to logistical restraints ! Thank you again

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yes, you can use a PC laptop provided it has the Windows version of iTunes installed to it. Assuming that, all he would need to do is backup the iPhone 4 using iTunes and then restore the backup to the new iPhone 6. Again, he will need iTunes on the PC. The application "iExplorer" (which I use) is Mac OS X only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.