Chrome colour issue in Yosemite 10.10.3

Reaction score
I'm having this weird colour issue. When I export a JPG or PNG files from graphic apps like sketch/photoshop, the colour of these assets shifts quite significantly when the image is dragged into chrome. The attached screenshot shows the pink tint in chrome (left) vs the original (right) which happens with Sketch assets. With photoshop shop there is a slight green tint which can be seen in the second screenshot. What is confusing is I only have this problem in Yosemite. With chrome on Mavericks the same image looks fine. Also, I just asked a friend on Yosemite to try dragging the same image into chrome and he didn't have this problem. It would be really helpful if you could look into this further. Another thing to note is that, all these images look fine in Safari & Firefox on Yosemite. Any help on what I could try to fix this would be really appreciated.

What I've tried so far:

- Uninstalling CUDA drivers
- Switching back to stock monitor calibration instead of my custom i1 DisplayPro profile
- Fully uninstalling and re-installing chrome & clearly all cookie & cache

System Specs:

iMac 27" late 2013
OSX Yosemite 10.10.3
Chrome: Version 43.0.2357.124 (64-bit)

Screen Shot 2015-06-14 at 11.38.52 am.png
Screen Shot 2015-06-13 at 8.50.28 pm.png

Last edited:

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I'm guessing that this may have something to do with the version of Chrome that you're running. What version are you running? You could try resetting Chrome settings as well (see here) but note that there are consequences of that (see the link I provided).

OP
R
Reaction score
Hi,

I using the latest version 43.0.2357.124 (64-bit). I have tried the reset and still no luck. Any I idea what else it could be?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.