creative webcam go plus and yosemite

Reaction score
Hi, I've got a webcam from the past- creative web cam go plus - that doubles up as a digital camera, VGA resolution photos of questionable quality stored in an internal memory. Is there any way to make it work with mac/ yosemite? Nothing really happens when i plug it in the usb port, no storage disk mounted/ detected. There's additional software that can help run it as a webcam but im mostly after copying the photos taken with it. Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Is there any way to make it work with mac/ yosemite?

- Have you used this camera successfully with other versions of the Mac OS?
- If so..what version?
- Also…have you checked the system requirements for it?
- Finally…have you visited the manufacturers website for more info?

* Nick

OP
X
Reaction score
- Have you used this camera successfully with other versions of the Mac OS?
- If so..what version?
- Also…have you checked the system requirements for it?
- Finally…have you visited the manufacturers website for more info?

* Nick

hey. of course i have. first thing i did was checking the manufacturers website, do you really think i'd post on here if there were drivers available?
never used it with os x/ in fact i only just got one

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
hey. of course i have. first thing i did was checking the manufacturers website, do you really think i'd post on here if there were drivers available?

If this is the case…maybe it would help if you told us! We can't read your mind!

Many folks never think of checking the manufacturers website. And since you didn't tell us you did this…we cannot assume it!

never used it with os x/ in fact i only just got one

If you just got it…wouldn't it have been a very good idea to have confirmed that it was "Mac-Compatible" first?? And…if it was Mac compatible…also checking that it was compatible with Yosemite.

If you already checked all of the resources I mentioned above…then you really should already have the answers to your questions.

- Nick

OP
X
Reaction score
Nick, it's from a 2001.
Haven't mentioned checking the manufacturers website as it's a kind of an obvious thing for me to start with. Apologies.

It doesn't say anything about mac support, let alone yosemite.

I'm posting here because maybe someone knows of an alternative solutions (unofficial) that do work - similar to ioxperts and such IOXperts USB Still Camera Driver for Mac OS X )

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Nick, it's from a 2001.
Haven't mentioned checking the manufacturers website as it's a kind of an obvious thing for me to start with. Apologies.

Yikes..that's really really old!

I do realize that certain things are obvious to research before posting a question. We have a wide variety of folks asking questions (from novice to expert). And it's VERY difficult to know who is what (novice or expert).

So we (many times) have to ask obvious questions…or make obvious suggestions…if we don't know anything else.:)

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.