• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Never a better time to follow your Apple Development dreams !!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I recently wrote a scathing email to Tim Cook, outlining how disgusted I was about how Apple, in all their wisdom, hiked the price of the Apple Developer programs from $99AUD to $149AUD, for each of their iOS and OS X Developer Programs.
I mentioned that, now how the Aussie $ is so volatile, they see that they had to up the prices, as well as the Hardware (the low-end iPhone6 rose $100 and the new MacBook rose from $1599 to $1799AUD), but when we were so strong against the greenback, we didn't see Apple dropping its prices for us, they left them untouched, and they were showing disdain to us Aussies. (I didn't get a reply) :(

For me, this meant, I had to drop the OS X side of things, back in the middle of May. I'm currently learning Ruby on Rails, Apache and Python to get my head around Backend Web development and more. I have also in the pipeline, a OS X App I'm working on (albeit slowly) and its iOS counterpart, and for now these were going to be free, to get me into the market.
Seeing as this at the moment, isn't a income for me, I thought I couldn't really afford the $149AUD which in USD is $201, although my iOS Dev account will expire in September too.

Anyways, after WWDC Keynote, I was happy to read that Tim Cook and his cronies, have finally seen the light, and made the Developer program a all-in-one playground for us. OS X, iOS & Safari Developer programs have been moulded into one so now us Aussies will now only have to pay $149/yr for everything.

I know that they, Apple, would have had this in their plans for a while, but, with my writing to Tim, I feel that in some small way, I had a hand in things getting to where we are now.

Anyways, there is no better time, for people to start learning Swift 2, to Develop their ideas, and get them into the App Store. With watchOS 2, and how young the AppleWatch is, if you have a great idea, getting into the smart watch market, the time is NOW.
With watchOS 2, there are now new API's to get a native App not the Watch, without having to have a iPhone piggyback App.

Apple’s New Developer Program Offers iOS, OS X And watchOS Tools For $99 | TechCrunch

Apple unifies iOS and OS X developer programs under a single banner | iMore

The new Apple Developer Program combines everything you need to develop, distribute, and manage your apps on all Apple platforms into one single program, making it easier than ever to bring your creativity to over a billion customers around the world. Get your apps ready for the App Store on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch, by enrolling in the Apple Developer Program today.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.