Best program for downloading music

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20 inch iMac Core Duo
I used to use soulseek but its not available on mac. The mac version, Soulseex, isnt nearly as good. Whatre some good programs to download music with?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you mean legal downloads (which you better on this site) then e-music is pretty good. Lots of new and indy stuff....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I get all my music of a iTunes.. well most of it any way.. the others are cds I burn in either I buy them or borrow from a friend (just borrowed a cd from a friend of a band from our high school and ripped it into iTunes)

good luck getting your music.

Reaction score
Use iTunes, it is not worth such big fines for not paying, think of it as stealing, if you saw the album on the shelf in a store, would you grab it with out anyone seeing or would you take it up to the cash and pay.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
99 cents is a stupid fee to pay, it should be 1 dollar because after you have purchased all your songs.. you are left with alot of single pennies you can't do anything with which is annoying (i guess its good because after every 99 songs you buy you pretty much get one free) but still. It just looks annoying to the point that i can't wait to refill my account so it doesn't look like that, lol

Reaction score
High Wycombe, Just outside London, England
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac 2.0Ghz, 2Gb RAM Early 2006, 30Gb iPod 5th Gen. 15" MacBookPro, 2.33GHz
iTunes is the only one that I use.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
Rhapsody is out too, and in MacWorld Mag it has new support for Ipods too. Im checking it out, but iTunes is easy and simple. Cant beat it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz/4 GB/500 GB
I'll admit I use LimeWire too, but I always try to find the music I want in iTunes first. If the song isn't available from iTunes, I may use LimeWire, but I prefer to buy it. I just don't like buying a whole physical album from a store when I only like one or two songs, and if I can't find them individually from iTunes, I do sometimes stoop to LimeWire. I'll admit I also use LimeWire to get bootleg recordings of live shows. A lot of the music I like is from the 80's so I wasn't able to be at the concerts, but I still like to hear what it would have been like.

I always buy the whole album of my favorite bands, but sometimes there are 'one hit wonders' that I like and I refuse to buy the whole album for one song I like. Maybe more artists and labels will see the value in iTunes and other online digital music stores, and I will one day be able to get anything I want from them...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
PowerBookG4 said:
99 cents is a stupid fee to pay, it should be 1 dollar because after you have purchased all your songs.. you are left with alot of single pennies you can't do anything with which is annoying (i guess its good because after every 99 songs you buy you pretty much get one free) but still. It just looks annoying to the point that i can't wait to refill my account so it doesn't look like that, lol

get a bank of america checking and savings account and then sign up for keep the change, they will put you rpenny into your savings from your checking at the end of the day and then match it for the next 3 months!!!

i normally go to sam goody to get my music, but will occasionally pick up something off of a torrent site

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
WhiteYfz said:
i have to say. i use limewire.. i cant afford to use i tunes
Acquisition is so much better than Limewire on the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
interesting coming from a mod... buut.. i use acqlite, a lite version of acquisition. dont tell anyone. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
iWonder said:
interesting coming from a mod... buut.. i use acqlite, a lite version of acquisition. dont tell anyone. ;)
There is nothing strange about it. P2P software is not illegal to use it is only illegal to download copyrighted materials.

BiT

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel core duo iMac. 15.4" MBP, 100GB, 256MB vRAM, 1GB RAM, 2.16GHz
iWonder said:
^^^^^-LOL

anyways, i usually use Limewire,but iTunes is better, because when you download most songs off of Limewire, and put them into iTunes, usually their Names aren;t capitalized, album wrong, or spelling errors, when you buyfrom iTunes you get everything perfect. So i think its pretty much woth buying from iTunes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.