Photos does not resize images for email.

Rod

Reaction score
Melbourne, Australia and Ubud, Bali, Indonesia
Your Mac's Specs
2021 M1 MacBook Pro 14" macOS 14.4.1, Mid 2010MacBook 13" iPhone 13 Pro max, iPad 6, Apple Watch SE.
iPhoto had two options in preferences to choose how to share images by email; direct from iPhoto or via Mail. In both instances a resizing option was offered; small, medium and large. For quick sharing of a few low res images by email this was invaluable. Photos on the other hand (please correct me if I'm wrong) does not offer this option. Why? Surely I don't have to resort to using a third app to resize the image before emailing?
I understood that this was a function of iPhoto not Mail but perhapes I am wrong? I'm pretty sure it's not in Photos preferences because there aren't any. Well, almost none.
I personally do not use Mail but my wife does and she demonstrated this issue to me last night. She chose three images in Photos selected share, chose Mail and the three images were attached to a blank email. We then tried the same thing with iPhotos and the resize option appeared.
As I don't email images this is not a problem for me but when I did try it with AirMail 2 it attaches what appears to be a full size image to a blank email in AirMail Composer.

Last edited:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.