Should I buy a Ipod Video?

Reaction score
Should I buy an Ipod video now or should I wait? I have been seeing many rumors circulating about a new ipod to be coming out around april 1st. I dont want to get an ipod just to find out a new one will come out in a week or so after I get it. Thanks for the help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5, 4G 40gb, G4 iBook
Definately wait bro...Usually there is always some truth to a rumor and April 1st isnt that far away. If they release some iPod that you arent interested in then just go for the video.

2000blasterboy

i love my ipod video, only complaint is i guess is battery, lasts about 1 movie... but i get almost a week of listening to music (about 2 hours or more a day). But the picture is great, and vatch out the sceen scraches bad, i left my plastic thing that came on it as a protector and i ahve a black rubber case with a plastic screen protector. Its a great setup! Very much like the investment!
Ben

D

djmitch

digital john said:
Definately wait bro...Usually there is always some truth to a rumor and April 1st isnt that far away. If they release some iPod that you arent interested in then just go for the video.
Good advice, although I took the plunge and bought the 30GB iPod just days ago and so far don't regret it in the least. If rumors are correct, the new video iPod will be full-screen with a 'virtual' scroll wheel appearing as your finger approaches the screen. I personally wouldn't be a fan of all the fingerprints, and I don't know what battery life would be like. I may have also missed out on an opportunity to get an improved version of the current video iPod, but that's life. But back to the main point: digital john gave good advice, and part of me wishes I'd done the same with only a week to go until what could be a major announcement involving iPods.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
whatever man...as long as you are happy with your purchase.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
WAIT! - i would wait and see if anything comes!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7 Unibody, HK Speakers and a Wacom A5 Wide tablet
christm said:
WAIT! - i would wait and see if anything comes!

you can always wait and there will always be something round the corner thats better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
if you keep waiting you will never buy an ipod, waiting for the next two weeks could produce a new ipod but how much better can they really be? are y ou going to use all of the features of the video ipod? if not just get it now because you probably wont use all the features in the newer one that may come out.

-chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
oops, double posted

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
coach_z said:
if you keep waiting you will never buy an ipod, waiting for the next two weeks could produce a new ipod but how much better can they really be? are y ou going to use all of the features of the video ipod? if not just get it now because you probably wont use all the features in the newer one that may come out.

-chris

Well if their is a rumor of an iPod coming out in a few months to a year then it would make sense to buy one now...but if the release is only a couple of weeks away what is the big deal?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
It depends id wait for 2 reasons, yes there is rumor of a new one comin out in the next week and that the ipod videos price may drop by $20-50 (US). But MacRumors.com has some cool pics of new (supposidly coming out) ipods.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.