accessing NOTES from iCloud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
Continuing to try and make Apple apps my primary tools...text edit on iMac is used most of all. Although the texts are save to iCloud, I can't, naturally, access them on my iPad/iPhone. Overjoyed to hear that the new OS (and I assume IOS) will be increasing the value of NOTES, but I am not finding that I can access them with anything other than NOTES. All other Apple app that saves to iCloud has a folder. Why not NOTES?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
Notes is not meant to be about documents (unlike a word processor or text editor); it is meant to be more like Evernote or OneNote. This explains the distinction.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
vansmith,
that is how I always thought of NOTES, but since that is the only native TXT app that is common to OS & IOS, I am thinking Apple wants to think of it as a common text app rather than just a quick note writer

Reaction score
Do you have notes backup turned on in iCloud settings. I ask because I have a Notes tab and all notes are accessible on the iCloud site.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
cipher,
yes, I do have notes saved to iCloud and all my notes are accessible on all my devices, when using notes. What I was referring to was not seeing a folder identified as NOTES inside my iCloud Drive as there is for text, pages, numbers, etc

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.