iWeb question

Reaction score
I recently converted to Mac. I have my own web page, and used MS Frontpage to work with it. Now that the PC is gone I needed something else. I was told that iWeb was what I needed, so I recently purchased iLife and installed it. So far I can find no way to access my present web site. All iWeb seems to do is offer a handful of cheesy pre-made web pages to modify and publish on a mac website. Am I missing something? Is there somewhat to access and edit pages on my present web site? Or did I waste my money on iLife? Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
If you got iLife just for iWeb, then yeah you wasted your money. You'll need something like Dreamweaver to access your already created site. FrontPage does some of the worst code I have ever seen in a web program, so Dreamweaver might have problems with it.. but then again maybe not and maybe it'll clean it up also.

iWeb just uses templates and is a simple way for people with no experience in designing sites, to get a nice looking site up pretty quickly.

Reaction score
iweb was not meant really to edit old pages, it is to create new ones. It does not even have built in ftp support.

EDIT: I WAS TO SLOW :eek:neye: :eek:neye:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.