Reaction score
when I start up I have two log in's. Can I totally get rid of the one that I do not use. It seems to have all my photo's in it and I do not want them to disappear from the log in that I use all the time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi Karen . . . This is a double banger question, because you state "Can I totally get rid of the one that I do not use." and then go onto say that "It seems to have all my photo's in it and I do not want them to disappear from the log in that I use all the time."

So to me, this reads, I have one account that I don't use, and I want to delete it, but it has all my Photos, in it, and you don't want them to disappear from that login in you use all the time.

This means the account you want to delete, and the account the images are in, are one and the same ???

Saying that, if you have a account you want to delete, click the  then System Preferences, then User & Groups. Now click the account you want to delete, then the - (minus sign) down the bottom of that window and Delete that account.
If the little Lock icon is Locked at the bottom, click that 1st and put in your Admin Password to unlock it, then proceed with the instructions above.

HTH

M

MacInWin

CAUTION: Doing what TM suggested will, if the pictures are ONLY in that account, delete them. Make sure you copy them, or can access them, from the account you want to keep. I'd suggest copying them to an external drive before killing the account, then see if you can still see them from the account you do use and if you do, great. If not, you have the external copies to bring them back into your desired account.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.