Aluminium Powerbook G4 keyboard replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G3 Lombard, Powerbook G4 A1095 1.33 GHz
So, I recently bought a Powerbook G4, and it needs a new keyboard. It's a 15" A1095 model with the 1.33 GHz, and I was wondering; which keyboards are compatible with that model? Is it just the A1095 keyboards, or do some others work as well?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I don't know where you're shopping for a replacement keyboard. But generally (a place like eBay)...most sellers will state what models the keyboard is compatible with.

I think that the keyboard(s) used in Aluminum Powerbook G4's had fairly broad application/compatibility. 12" models, 15" models, and 17" models. There were about 16 different model aluminum Powerbook G4's...but I bet that there were only a few different keyboards (due to a different cable or different logic board connector).

Go to a website like Powerbookmedic.com...look up your specific Powerbook G4 model...and then you will know the exact part number & compatibility. Then you can either purchase directly from Powerbookmedic...or somewhere else using that info.:)

- Nick

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powerbook G3 Lombard, Powerbook G4 A1095 1.33 GHz
I am looking at eBay, however some sellers don't even say which Powerbook the keyboard is for (just give a part number), or only mention the one it came from.

Thanks for the website link - as I'm UK-based, it wasn't one that Google provided me with when I'd previously been looking for this. Looks like I can use a keyboard from an A1046, so that's nice to know.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I am looking at eBay, however some sellers don't even say which Powerbook the keyboard is for (just give a part number), or only mention the one it came from.

Some eBay sellers are better than others. Usually the "professional" eBay sellers are better. Also don't forget. Just because you're in the UK...doesn't mean you can't "surf" eBay-US for compatability information.:)

Of course if you want to purchase from someone on eBay-UK...and they don't provide the info you need...you can try emailing the seller for more info. But if they're not very "techy"...they may not be much help.

Thanks for the website link

Powerbookmedic.com is a pretty good place to get info like this. And usually a pretty good place to purchase from. Of course I know they may not be good for you with the shipping costs & maybe VAT.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.