Print to PDF resolution/size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
I often take a Word document and "print to pdf." I'm finding that those documents can be quite large. I can't find a setting to adjust the quality of the "print".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
I often take a Word document and "print to pdf." I'm finding that those documents can be quite large. I can't find a setting to adjust the quality of the "print".

Hello - I'm not sure how many responses you will receive w/o some further details: 1) What Mac computer are you using (model/year); 2) What OS X is installed; 3) What word processing software are you running (e.g. Word for PC, Word for Apple, Pages, or other); and 4) What do you mean by 'print to pdf' vs. using an option such as 'export to PDF'? Responses to these questions will help - Dave :)

Reaction score
Don't know what Mac or OSX you are using , but try this, it hasn't changed much. Open your PDF in Preview and under the File menu choose Export (NOT Export As PDF) Then in the dialog box that pops up Click on Quartz Filter and change from "None" to "Reduce File Size", then Hit Save and you are done. Check the file size and you should see a reduced file size.

OP
DpNDallas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
IMac
Thanks

The "Quartz filter" worked! Thanks So much.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Thanks for that hint, quite useful even if it requires several steps that seems could be fewer. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.