LG N2R1 NAS access

Reaction score
Hi all,
I'd like to ask someone with more experience than myself for some help regarding an LG NAS drive.

I've plugged it in via the network and set up access via the browser. This all worked without a hitch. Now the unit appears in my file window as a NAS and the file I set up on there called Audio-NAS also appears as a shortcut on my file window under shared.

However, now I have set it up as I wanted, I don't seem to be able to connect to server. If I go to "Connect to server" and either enter the ftp://192.168.1.75 it asks me to "Enter your name and password for the server 192.168.1.75. My options as always are connect as guest or as registered user. I put in the password for the standard password and name the unit is setup with, or indeed with the new password and name I've setup on it, however it always comes up with - There was a problem connecting to the server 192.168.1.75. This server will not allow any additional users to log on. Try to connect again later. - It goes without saying that I am not logged on in any other way and that I know the name and password are correct.

If I double click on the shortcuts for either the NAS or Audio-NAS from the file shared menu, then it just says - connection failed. - Nothing more. If as I click the shortcut I straight away click on the "Connect as" button at the top right that comes up I get - There was a problem connecting to the server "NAS" or "Audio-NAS", the server may not exist or it is unavailable at this time. Check the server name or IP address, check your network connection, and then try again. -

Does anyone have any ideas.

Many thanks.

Details:

Applamac 27" 3.4 GHz i7, 8GB memory running 10.9.5
LG N2R1 NAS drive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Can you connect to the NAS through your browser? Have you updated the firmware on it? If not try that first.

Have you tried entering - smb://192.168.1.75 instead of using ftp?

I have found NAS storage works great once you get it working and I have pulled my hair out when for some reason someone can't connect.

Lisa

Last edited:
OP
M
Reaction score
Can you connect to the NAS through your browser? Have you updated the firmware on it? If not try that first.

Have you tried entering - smb://192.168.1.75 instead of using ftp?

I have found NAS storage works great once you get it working and I have pulled my hair out when for some reason someone can't connect.

Lisa

Hi, thanks for the reply.
I can log onto the server without problems through the browser and that is how I managed to set it up. smb doesn't seem to make any difference.

I have just discovered however that my MacBook Pro seems to connect without any issues doing it in exactly the same way, which make no sense to me what so ever!

Thanks for your efforts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
It sounds like a permissions issue. The Macbook Pro has permission through the specific log on used. I know that on our NAS each user has a log on for there specific folder but not to any other person's folder. There is a share folder that allows for everyone to save to and access files.

Backtrack your permissions - I bet something is set up wrong. Oh, and check if your firmware needs updating because I have read a couple of post that said LG had some issues that were corrected and logon was one of them.

Lisa

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.