MacBook Air closing down

Reaction score
How can I prevent my MacBook Air from closing down by itself when I am offline and just listening to iTunes.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Can you explain what you mean by "closing down"? What exactly is happening.

- Nick

OP
N
Reaction score
MacBook closing down

When I am offline for a while, my MacBook Air keeps logging me out, even when I am listening to iTunes.

OP
N
Reaction score
Why does my MacBook Air recently want to close down, log out, when I am not online, even when I am listening to iTunes?

Thank you.

M

MacInWin

Go to System Preferences, Energy Saver and set the Computer Sleep to Never. You can leave the Display Sleep wherever you want. When you start listening and not typing or doing anything on the MBA, the timer will eventually darken the screen but the music will continue to play.

C

chas_m

Since the computer cannot log you out when you have any activity running (such as iTunes playing), what's probably happening is that the user has a security setting set to automatically log out the user after X minutes of inactivity, or perhaps has the screensaver/energy saver set to darken the screen after x minutes (perfectly normal) and require a password to bring the screen back (a choice available in the security settings). As Jake says, if the music is continuing to play, you're not logged out.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.