DNS Solution Yahoo Error Handler

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
I really could use more information. What browser are you using and what version of OS X?

Basically, there could be a couple of things going on. You could have some nasty redirecting. AdwareMedic will help with that.

Or you could have in your preferences in the browser add ons set to default to that page if it can't find a webpage. This can be changed in the preference add on area but until you provide more information I am unable to get specific.

Lisa

OP
R
Reaction score
I'm using Firefox and version 10.9.5. I have tried changing my default search engine from Yahoo to Google but it keeps going back to Yahoo. Upon startup, my home page is accessed for 10 to 15 seconds, then the web page goes to DNS Solution Yahoo Error Handler every time. I wasn't able to post here until I switched computers. I would get as far as writing the question and clicking on PUBLISH, and the web page went straight to the DNS Solution page and my message was not posted.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I would suggest downloading AdwareMedic (link is in my first post), move it to the affected laptop and run it.

I do not use Firefox but I found a link that describes you problem and how to hopefully fix it.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1045432

Run AdwareMedic first - we have found it to be very successful at fixing a whole bunch of nasties.

Lisa

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
If this is the case, it might be worth looking at what your DNS servers are. What do you see listed under System Preferences > Network > your network connection > Advanced > DNS?

Reaction score
DNS solution yahoo error

Hi, I am having the same problem as the original poster of this thread. When I looked up the DNS Server on System Preferences it says: DNS SERVERS: 192.168.1.254.
Search domains: atypical.net. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Whilst I am in another country the number quoted, 192 etc., reads more like your browser address. Did you get this from System Preferences > Network > Advanced > DNS and the numbers from the l.h.pane?

If so suggest you try Google generic 0.0.0.0 and see if there is any improvement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
192.168.1.254 is a standard default local home router address and it is normal for it to show in your network DNS server settings. Your router holds the addresses for your DNS servers. If you type 192.168.1.254 in your browser and hit enter, it should open an access page to allow you to see the settings in your router. BTW: It should request a password which I hope you have changed. Otherwise try admin/password or password/password - those are popular defaults.

But if you have loaded a toolbar or other such nasty, it can redirect where you go by altering the request sent to your DNS server. Try clearing your history and website data and disabling all extensions. Then download and run Malwarebytes.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
Hi, I am having the same problem as the original poster of this thread. When I looked up the DNS Server on System Preferences it says: DNS SERVERS: 192.168.1.254.
Search domains: atypical.net. I'd appreciate any help. Thank you!

You'd generally use an address like that to setup your Mac with a static IP address. Not normally what an normal user would be doing…
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/22161/how-to-set-up-a-static-ip-in-mac-os-x/
http://slinkware.com/help/configure-static-ip/

Normally with a 192.168.xxx address you won't be able to connect to anything on the 'net or via your ISP.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.