Macbook Air SSD Problem after erase

Reaction score
I was trying to fresh-install my os, so i started on recovery (pressed command+r) and I erased my drive. Than after reboot i click the option "reinstall osx", but when it gets to the point I need to choose where to install osx, i don't have any options. so i went to disk utility, i clicked "verify disk" and "check disk" on my main drive (the ssd drive) and it says everything is ok. The weird thing is that i only have two tabs: 'first aid' and 'partition'. on partition i cant do enything. it looks like it is not partitioned and it is not ready for startup, because also when i click 'choose start up disk' i dont have any option, blank.
when im on disk utility there is also another weird thing: I see it only on one line:
x3zfpc.png

that how it looks when it is normal (on my macbook pro):
rkwxh4.png

i think it is locked or something.
any one has any idea?
thanks ahead, and sorry for the English. i'm not local :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Highlight the internal drive in the side bar

Go to the Partition tab

Under Patition Layout, click the dropdown and select 1 Partition

Name the partition to what you would like, click Apply - it will also format it.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I have seen a few problems with the Logical Volume Group (LVG) - but not that one - not really sure how to get around where you are.

Two suggestions - the first is take it to an Apple store and ask them to install OS X for you.

No store close, what I would try will require an OS X bootable installer on a thumb drive.
I'd boot to it and start off by erasing disk 1.
That may or may not permit you to partition the drive.

I have had one problem that I could only solve by getting rid of the LVG.
Here is one tutorial for doing that - link.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Ahh the joys of the thumb drive installer strikes yet again!!

Reaction score
Or it could be because the 2011 macbook air had a firmware update to prevent this problem with the drive lock and file corruption issues.

apple did release important information on it here is the link.

https://www.apple.com/support/macbookair-flashdrive/

and most likely you have a 2012 model because the 2011 used a peta micro drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.