What Batteries for BT Keyboard/Magic Mouse/Trackpad ??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ok, from day one of me having my iMac, I bought Energizer AA 2300mAh Nickel – Metal Hydride rechargeable batteries. Basically the best you can buy here in Australia, but the thing is, I'm only getting 2-3 weeks out of the batteries and even though I love having it all wireless, it gets my goat, that I have to replace them so often.

I have read people getting up to 3 months out of their batteries, SO, what do you use ??
If I can get a few people to drop in their battery types, and time of use for
  1. Keyboard
  2. Magic Mouse
  3. Trackpad
I can get a good spread of what I need to buy.
I find I get 4x the use out of my Keyboard, than I do w/ the Trackpad (being the biggest power consumption) and Magic Mouse . . .

I know I can disconnect them all when not in use, but then its a waiting game for reconnection, and also remembering to do it . .
Anyone have a Apple Script to achieve this ie: Disconnection of all BT devices with 1 script ??

Cheers

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I've actually been using rechargeable batteries in my Magic Trackpad and Apple Mouse. Used them in the Apple keyboard as well until I replaced it with a Logitech model that has charging ability built into it.

I get about as long on the rechargeable (Duracell) as you get on the Energizer's but I have two sets of batteries and one charger. When the batteries die down I swap them for a charged set. Not quite the info you were looking for but hopefully helpful nonetheless.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use standard alkaline double A cells in both the Magic Mouse and wireless keyboard. The wireless keyboard batteries last for months on end. The Magic Mouse batteries around one month before they're down to 30% or so. I buy alkaline double A cells in bulk from a discount store. I usually pay around $5 for a pack of 12.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
For our iMac's BT KB & Magic Mouse, I use NiMH rechargeable batteries - have about 3 sets of two (Energizer & Duracell) - the batteries last for months on the keyboard, but maybe only a month or less on the mouse. Dave :)

C

chas_m

I use Duracell rechargeable batteries. I feel like I have to replace them every month to six weeks. If you're going through them in 2-3 weeks, something's not right.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
For me Energizer Ultimate Lithiums the only ones I bother purchasing. Yet to get rechargeables to have a good run and the Sanyo Eneloops (disguised as Apple) are woeful. Also mate, extra careful buying from eBay etc. Energizers in our part of the world are made in Singapore NOT China.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.