No exit on Mac Mini

Reaction score
At the start is shown: Starting disc full, cancel files.
After that the screen appears bleu to pink and no action can be taken.
The mouse continue to be active(arrow alive)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
First...welcome to Mac-Forums.:)

Second. After reading your post...I don't think that you considered how confusing that post would be to someone reading it. You obviously know what's going on…but if you don't convey that info in the post…it just looks like "jibber-jabber" to someone else.:(

Anyways. If I'm guessing correctly…it sounds like your Mac-Mini's had drive is full. You need to boot the computer from a source other than the internal hard drive. Then delete some items before rebooting the computer from the internal HD.

If I'm mistaken…and got things incorrect. Please explain.

Thanks,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And add model and operating system details will help a lot. Always make sure you have 20% of the hard drive space free for the drive to work at its premium. So if a 500GB hard drive, don't go over the 400GB mark.y

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
If the disc is too full, can the OP start up in Safe Mode, move some things to an external, then delete them of course, and be able to start up normally?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201262

That might be possible but at tome point the drive gets too dull for that to work. When that happens you need to boot from something else and remove some files. Target Disk Mode, bottle clone, boot DVD depending upon which OS version you have. I haven't tried it from the recovery partition.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
We do not know what the operating system is unfortunately to assist with recovery or boot from the install DVD. May well be necessary to buy an external hard drive, install whatever OS on it, boot from it and start some heavy clearance work on the internal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.