deleting files from trash bin

OP
M
Reaction score
I did not know that you can delete file from Trash bin by holding left button with cursor on bin!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2023-14" M3max MBPro, 64GB/1TB, iPhone 15 Pro, Watch Ultra
Are you asking a question or telling us what you learned? Your second post seems to indicate you figured out how to empty the trash.

Lisa

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Or Finder > Empty trash!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
OS X version 10.11.6, iMac early 2011, MacBookPro
I empty the trash bin using the Finder in the Apple pull-down menus and make a selection from a number of choices. Can also use the keyboard commands shown in the attached jpeg. I like the method you found of pressing the Right Arrow while on the Trash Bin and selecting Open or Empty; saves a step especially since I usually do the basic Empty command.

Actually, just holding your cursor on any icon in the Dock will give Options from which to select. For the Trash Bin the options are Open or Empty Trash.

EmptyingTrash.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I did not know that you can delete file from Trash bin by holding left button with cursor on bin!

I think that would be your other left. You get a pop-up with Empty Trash as a choice. If you use the actual left mouse button on the Trash icon in the Dock, it opens in a Finder window.

OP
M
Reaction score
deleting filesin Trash bin

I am new to the Mac community so don't how to reply individual comments. But here is reply that applies to those comments. I was asking about how to empty trash bin, i did find the answer accidentally. I don't use mouse but used surface pad of the Mac and used left control(?) to find my answer. Thanks of rthe comments.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
I am new to the Mac community so don't how to reply individual comments.

Hit the Quote button below the comment you want to respond to. You can then edit out things you do not want to focus on, then type your message after the /QUOTE] (I left out the first [ on purpose.)

If you want to reply to two or more different posts in a single reply, hit the MultiQuote Off button, which seems misnamed to me. (Why wouldn't it be MultiQuote On?) You can do this for as many comments as you want, but your reply window will fill up, and you'll have to interject your response between the /QUOTE] and the next [QUOTE. (Again, leaving out the brackets strategically so that it won't activate the actual quote function.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.