Problems with Safari

Reaction score
First, my Safari 4.1.3 sometimes crashes, second, I want to know what a tab is, third, under the bookmark menu when I select open in tabs it automatically opens a pg. for a website that I use sometimes (the website name is listed in the Bookmark menu). Also, can an imac with OS 10.4.11 (Intel) get an upgrade for another version of Safari?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
First, my Safari 4.1.3 sometimes crashes, second, I want to know what a tab is, third, under the bookmark menu when I select open in tabs it automatically opens a pg. for a website that I use sometimes (the website name is listed in the Bookmark menu). Also, can an imac with OS 10.4.11 (Intel) get an upgrade for another version of Safari?

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You are obviously running an old OS X likely on an outdated computer (current versions are: Yosemite 10.10.3 & Safari 8.0.6).

You need to provide more information on your computer: 1) Model/year; 2) Amount of RAM; and 3) Internal HD capacity & 'free' space. If your computer had an older Power PC CPU vs. an Intel processor, then your upgrade options will be limited. Post back answers to the questions asked and hopefully you will receive a more specific response. Dave

OP
E
Reaction score
Following up on my Questions About Safari with More Info. About my Computer

Here are the specs on my computer. I have an imac 5.1 Model #ST3160815AS. Processor: 2 GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo. Amt. of RAM: 1 GB 667MH2 SDRAM. Internal HD Capacity: 149.05 GB. Free Space: 59.18 GB. I cannot upgrade my OS right now because I do not have the money to upgrade all of my software (which is very expensive - Quark, Photoshop, etc.) Thanks for any help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Also, can an imac with OS 10.4.11 (Intel) get an upgrade for another version of Safari?

Safari is included with the OS. As such, you get a new version when you update or upgrade the OS. Since you are at 10.4.11 there are no further updates (free) but there are upgrades ($$). Why not try a different browser? I run 10.6.8 and had trouble with Safari. Being in the same situation you are, at a different OS level, I switched to Firefox. It works much better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.