Google Chrome for Mac?

Reaction score
I tried chrome because an IT friend advised me to. I was pleased with its functionality and speed but the ads and diverted webpages were a constant issue. After a system scan I still couldn’t find anything suspicious so I just uninstalled it. Does anyone have a solution for this problem or is chrome just a mess?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There's nothing wrong with Chrome, I use it all the time. You probably installed Chrome but did not install any of the Ad blocking add ons that are available and very effective. I never see Ads or diverted web pages.

M

MacInWin

Adblock+ and Ghostery will block annoying ads and other crapware that are prevalent on the web.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2013 iMac 3.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7/32G Ram Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB, iPhone 6
Disconnect is another extension I use to keep sites from tracking my viewing/shopping habits.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.