Recover Photo Thumbnails

Reaction score
Hi, all!

So a while back I deleted my photo library back-up (which was, unfortunately, the only complete version of all my photos at that time, unbeknownst to me). By the time I figured this out, I wasn't able to recover the files. I have been able to recover many of the lost photos from other apps, etc, but I was wondering if it is possible to get a copy of all of the thumbnails for the entire library (all of which are still appearing in my Photos library) and export them as their own, independent image files - this way, I have at least *something* for those I wasn't able to replace elsewhere. I figured worst case scenario, I can screenshot each image but in hopes of saving myself hours (and the likely risk of developing carpal tunnel in the process) I thought I'd see if there's a way to access the thumbnails themselves and save them as their own image file library. Even better would be the ability to save some (if not all) of the original metadata in the process.

Any suggestions are welcome!
- Lexi

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.