Why do YOU use a mac?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 1.83GHz, 1.5GB RAM
Well, I don't have my Mac yet, but it should be here in a couple weeks... but I can tell you all why I plan to use a Mac...

I am sick of the routine involved with Windows--constant maintenance, defragging once every other month, crashing, etc. As everyone says, I just want something that works the way an intuitive mind would expect. I want something visually pleasing.

Most importantly though, I would love to get back into design/web stuff. I used to be pretty hooked on web stuff (I used to own/run/maintain www.thesimpsons.net about 8 years ago, which I have since sold to a new owner who threw on an ugly design, and then never touched it again...) which I'd really like to get back into. I would love to put the specifics of my degree to use and start designing some fun software, even if just for personal use (My current job uses Engineering mindsets rather than specifics).

For all these things, I can't think of a better platform to get back into it. Macs are seemingly optimized for design, and the OS is built on Unix, which is much more programmer friendly if you ask me.

I can't wait to get started! :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.