Re Pages indexing in Ipad

Reaction score
There seems to be only an Icon indexing scheme for pages on the iPad that is very inconvenient when looking for a document and you have a lot of them.. To add insult to injury, titles are abbreviated in such a way that makes it almost impossible to navigate through them. Is there a way to use "line by line" indexing used elsewhere on Macs?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac quad i7 | Yosemite
Hi,

I'm going to assume you're talking about the actual Pages app on the iPad:

There's no list view option for documents in Pages, but you can create folders in the same way you group icons on your iPad screens by holding down one document icon and then dragging it over another until it creates a folder you can then name. So, for instance, if I had thirty letters to the editor, I could create a folder and place related documents in that folder. After doing that for several topics, it then becomes much easier to scroll through folders rather than scrolling through documents.

As for truncating file names, this happens in the Mac environment as well. The shorter the better!

OP
O
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm going to assume you're talking about the actual Pages app on the iPad:

There's no list view option for documents in Pages, but you can create folders in the same way you group icons on your iPad screens by holding down one document icon and then dragging it over another until it creates a folder you can then name. So, for instance, if I had thirty letters to the editor, I could create a folder and place related documents in that folder. After doing that for several topics, it then becomes much easier to scroll through folders rather than scrolling through documents.

As for truncating file names, this happens in the Mac environment as well. The shorter the better!

Thanks, uhmorphous

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.