iPhone results limited to 1 "screen page"?

Reaction score
When I type in a Christian Name and search on my iPhone 4S AND when the result is longer than the screen of the iPhone the list won't "roll". The results stay on the first "screen page". On trying to push up the list and if I manage to hold it in place anything further down than the first screen page won't accept being pressed on to make a call. Generally I can't even manage to hold the screen page beyond the first one as it bounces back to the first screen page.

This doesn't happen often as I suppose I don't request so many searches that are over a screen page long. The main problem is that sometimes I can't remember how I entered the person, with his surname, what he does (eg. fridge tech.) or whatever.

Does anyone have any ideas?

iPhone 4S - V8.3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 iMac quad i7 | Yosemite
I'm not clear what you mean by "Christian Name," but assuming you're searching for a person's name in contacts or wherever, you shouldn't be receiving a whole long scrollable list if you're typing in a full name. If you type the letter "c" you're going to get a long list most likely, but you should be able to scroll and click on a contact and call from that contact.

The more information you type, the shorter the results.

Often, you can clear glitches by doing a hard restart of your phone. When you hold down the home button and the power button until your screen shuts down, continue holding those two buttons until you see the Apple logo in the center of the screen. Let go of both buttons and allow the phone to continue the bootup process until you get to your familiar lock screen, then try search and scrolling again.

power-sleep-buttons.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.