about mbp mid 2010 sad upgrade

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 13 mid 2010
about mbp mid 2010 ssd upgrade

hi to every1, i need your help about my mbp mid 2010.
I need to upgrade my mac to sad from hdd, but i don't if is compatible with sad's. can any1 help me, which ssd on which specs are compatible. i think to by kingston v300 series 240gb.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Your MacBook Pro can indeed be upgraded to utilize an SSD drive. The kingston v300 240GB should also work with your MacBook without issue.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2011 27" iMac, 1TB(partitioned) SSD, 20GB, OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan
There's no sense spending the extra money for that or equivalent SSHD SATA III drive as your MBPro is only SATA II (revision 2.x) interface, formally known as SATA 3Gb/s compatible.

Also, double check on the temperature sensors used you your MBPro's HDD and connection method used so you don't end up with surplus fan noise.

Also, you may want to check out TRIM support and if you need it and Yosemite adds some hassles for implementing it, or use a drive from macsales.com that apparently included TRIM support.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.