Graphic artifacts on my monitors!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2012 Mac Mini i5, macOS 10.15.4, iPhone 11 Pro Max, PowerBook G4, iMac G3/4/5
Hey all.

I have a 2012 Mac mini i5, 2.5 ghz., OWC 240GB SSD and 16GB of Mushkin ram. Running Yosemite with all updates done. I run two Sharp Aquos 32" 1080P HDTVs as monitors.

Recently, it has started flickering artifacts on the screen. Only on inactive windows and on the title bar of the screen that is not the focus. I have attached a pic. The artifacts have recently changed from the red in the pic, to green and now to a green with an orange hashing.

I don't remember specifically when it started happening, but I took a video of it on April 17th. It's been getting more frequent.

I have ruled out the monitors being the issue, as I use these with other machines also and don't have the problem. I haven't tried the mini with other monitors though.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible the graphics device is going?

Thanks!

Trevor

IMG_2724.PNG

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I have ruled out the monitors being the issue, as I use these with other machines also and don't have the problem. I haven't tried the mini with other monitors though.

Anyone have any ideas? Is it possible the graphics device is going?

You really need to test your Mini with another monitor to see if the same thing shows up. However, from what you posted regarding using the monitors with other machines, I'm going to guess the problem is with the Mini. Your Mini uses an Intel HD 4000 integrated GPU which is usually rock solid. The problem could also be software related. You might want to run your Mini in Safe mode for awhile to see if the same thing occurs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.