Can't automatically share a calendar with my wife

Reaction score
I think my problem might be a couple of steps deep but here goes.

My wife and I are trying to streamline our lives by automatically sharing calendars.

I use Pocket Life on my iPhone and she uses Google Calendar. Both naturally work with our respective ICal that are part of our Mac laptops and phones. Separately we have no problems. We're both logged into our own Icloud accounts.

Next I went to Icloud and using just my work calendar to start I did a test run at allowing her access. We've accepted it on her end and we can see it on her Ical on her laptop but not on her phone ical and not on Google calendar.

This is sort of where things begin to unravel for me. 6 months ago she couldn't figure how to change her email from her maiden name to her married name so she setup a new account with with forwarding. We've gone in seemingly everywhere to update her info but in Icloud, even though we logged in with her knew email under her name, the dashboard still shows her old email. Is this the problem? If so, how do we fix it? We've also gone into her itunes account and changed that too.

So in short I've given her access to my calendar, it shows on her ical on her laptop but its not making it to her ical on her phone or the transition to Google cal.

Thanks

Josh

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
So in short I've given her access to my calendar...

You're a very brave man Josh! Now those secret lunch dates with your girlfriend are going to have to be "mentally" remembered!;)

Just teasing (it's Friday)!:)

- Nick

p.s. Sorry I couldn't give a more useful answer. I'm not a big iCal using person.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.