Macbook HD is Loud!

Reaction score
On our 3rd week with the MacBook Pro. Some thing I noticed right away is that whenever the hard drive spins, it makes a pretty darn loud noise and is very annoying. This cant be normal but I could be wrong. Is anyone else having this problem?

TIA

M

Meddie600rr

yeah when Im not plugged in charging, there is a pretty loud whine. I get it when Im charging as well just not as bad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MBP 2.53, 4Gigs Ram, 320 HD, Snow Leopard, 500 Gig Time Capsule, 32 Gig White 3GS
yeah, mine is quiet as a mouse. Either I am one of the lucky ones or there is a problem with your unit. This seems to be a common problem though :/

Reaction score
Find the mirror widget, all you have to do is load it, and then when it oepns, close it
and it'll get rid of the noise...but u gotta do it every time you turn on the mac...not a problem for me because I leave it on for days at a time.

It is wrather annoying, I agree...I'm waiting for a fix to the macbooks (a 2nd gen or something) before I utilize my applecare to take care of the problem, because I know lots of macbooks are having the problem, and it would be a waste of time and apples money to just get another one with the same problem

Regards,

Smeshy

S

Santos

LastZion said:
yeah, mine is quiet as a mouse. Either I am one of the lucky ones or there is a problem with your unit. This seems to be a common problem though :/

Mine is the same way, silent

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.