Macbook Air 11"Mid 2013 Turns on by itself when plugged in

Reaction score
Hi guys, i have a Macbook Air 11" Mid 2013 that suffered from water damage. I clean the logic board and I/O board with Isopropyl alcohol because it had some corrosion building in it. It tuns on but only when i plug the charger. Once it was on, i test the power button and all of the other keyboard keys and it works perfectly. I was thinking about changing the I/O board which was the most affected by corrosion. What do you guys think?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
When it comes to water damage/liquid spills on computers…many times…it can be difficult to pin point problems. Luckily there's not that many parts to replace inside most laptop/notebook computers these days. You pretty much have a battery, logic board, and the I/O board with a MacBook Air.

Of these three parts…the I/O board is the least expensive. And because this computer seems to have power related issues. The I/O board would seem to be a good place to start troubleshooting.:)

- Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
When it comes to water damage/liquid spills on computers…many times…it can be difficult to pin point problems. Luckily there's not that many parts to replace inside most laptop/notebook computers these days. You pretty much have a battery, logic board, and the I/O board with a MacBook Air.

Of these three parts…the I/O board is the least expensive. And because this computer seems to have power related issues. The I/O board would seem to be a good place to start troubleshooting.:)

- Nick

Yeah, i already order the part, so i will keep you posted if indeed that was the problem. All of the other components work like nothing happened. So hopefully it is the I/O Board.:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.